Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blogger's Folly

I think I have writer's block.

Although, I don't know that I'd ever really call myself a "writer", so I'm not sure if that's the appropriate term.

I guess I have blogger's block.

Is that a thing? I'm gonna make it a thing.

Though, I'm probably not the first person to ever use the term, so maybe it's already a thing.

Still...I've never heard of it.

Maybe people have used it before but failed to make it "a thing." In which case, I could make it a thing.

If I'm even qualified to do so.

What if it is a thing, but I'm just really behind the times?

I'm fairly new to blogging and to be honest, I'm never exactly on top of new trends. It's not in my nature to hop on bandwagons, so I've still got some room to learn.

Well, you know? Half of that was a lie. I'm not exactly new to blogging. I used to blog a long time ago. I had a shared blog with some friends. When we were like 12. Oh my goodness, that was over ten years ago. Sheesh.

Does my "fairly" work as a qualifier for that situation? If it does, I didn't really have to explain. If someone ever called me out on it, that "fairly" could be my safety net.

Though, the chances of my being called out are slim considering only 3 other people know about that blog, and none of them read this blog.

I worry too much. Those girls wouldn't even call me out on it if they read this.

...You know what else? I am kind of on top of new trends. I'm often aware of them, but I need some prodding to take part in them.

Huh.

Has any one ever called it "Blogger's folly"? I like the way that sounds.

Okay, I just googled it. No one has ever used that term. At least not on the first results page.

I'm okay with using that term. It works for me.

So then, dear imaginary blog readers, I have blogger's folly.

This means I have thoughts and feelings and ideas and emotions and all the things that make up a blog, but I can't find the right words to express them.

And since I can't find my own words, I am left with two options:

1. Borrow words from others.
2. Post silly pictures.

Today, I choose option number two.





That worked. I only needed a few. Hopefully that will hold you over until I start to make better with the words and stuff.

...yeah.

P.S. Please feel free to contact me for an address if you care to send flowers or cards while I try to recover from my blogger's folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment