Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Emergency Temporal Shift...of the creative variety.

Most days I have a tab open on my computer for this blog. There's a nice, fresh, empty post waiting here for me just in case lightning strikes and I suddenly have an idea.

It doesn't usually happen.

I don't know where my motivation went.

Well, I have an idea, but I don't want to get into that. Partly because even though I don't think it's too big a problem anymore, whenever I try to write about it things get all confusing and I get overwhelmed and can't handle it and who are you to judge me??

Yeah.

But I have another theory that I'm undergoing some kind of emergency temporal shift wherein the time I devote to certain creative efforts has shifted into another realm. Yeah? Yeah? Yep. Made that work. Except the emergency thing. Unless the emergency part stems from my slightly crippling inability to write about my current state of emotional duress.

Yeah, that works.

But I do know that it's not an emergency temporal shift because I'm a Dalek who is scared of The Doctor. Because well, I'm not a Dalek, and also trust me, I am not scared of The Doctor. How could I be? He's adorable. And even when he's scary it's much more of a turn-on than anything else.

(Did I just share too much? I just shared too much. I don't care.)




Exhibits A, B, and C...

(And yes, 10 is MY doctor. I really liked 9, I've grown to really appreciate 11, and I'm going back to decipher my feelings regarding 1-8, but I fell in love with 10.)

But no, my creativity was temporarily funneled into pretending that I know how to paint.






Exhibits D, E, F, G, and H...

And I have been told that these are better than I think, so when I say "pretending" know that it's more of a product of low self-esteem than anything else. I'm not fishing, I just have a (probably) unhealthy amount of self-doubt in regards to some things. I don't take physical compliments well either for that matter. I would get all kinds of weird when that guy I dated whose name I never tell you used the descriptive "hot."

But that's another story. And probably a bit of insight. But that's for another day...that may never come.

Anywho! I'm going to go with the idea that all of my creative energy has been thrown into my newfound "art" and I simply don't have it in me to write like I should. Though I can still spin an excuse like a mother.

Once upon a time I was kind of funny, but now I'm merely artistic. It's a totally different experience. My brilliance really is a burden, y'all. I believe my brain is protecting me from an overload by switching my focus and channeling my energies for me. It's all very scientific. Trust me, I'm in no way science-minded or a doctor.

But congratulations to me! I just pretty much wrote a post about how I have nothing to post about. I deserve a medal. Or a trophy. Maybe from these people, because they're awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the David Tennant pics and you are right, 'scary' number 10 is just more of a turn-on. Although David as an actor CAN be super creepy. Have you seen Secret Smile?

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I took it upon myself to watch Secret Smile, and woah. That is a very different side of David Tenant! It's impressive, but also really creepy how well he was able to play that character!

      I thought his role in Harry Potter was pretty bothersome, but this is an entirely new level.

      It was good, so thanks for mentioning, but I definitely prefer adorable, not creepy, "Doctor" David with the occasional angry-because-he-cares-or-is-hurting type rage. haha

      Delete
    2. I prefer a more cuddly David as well. My actor friend says that it's the super nice people who are able to act the most evil, so I'm just hanging on to that!

      Delete